Saturday, September 6, 2008

Goodbye my boy.

Victor-Buzz in better days.


I had to put down my Buzz today. He is the only cat I ever took to college with me. He was seventeen, diagnosed with thyroid problems and a heart murmur when he was ten. I've been shoving pills down his throat for seven years. Finally his quality of life was so poor, I needed to help him go.

He was old . He was sick. He was sweet. He gave kisses upon request. I miss my Kalamazoo Room-mate already. I don't want to write anymore.

4 comments:

MRBonz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MRBonz said...

Such a loss is painful - I would urge you to promptly find a new kitten. No, it will not replace your loss - that will remain as a bittersweet memory - but the new one, albeit different, will nonetheless be a source of pleasure and new-found delight.
I cannot speak to the issue directly as I am not a 'cat-person' but from the standpoint of the many dogs that have 'owned' a piece of me and my heart, I say 'Do it!' And best of luck with the new one.

kwillmetta said...

Thank you for your sweet words, but I know my next new kitten will be years away.... Lossing my sweet Buzz brings my cat total down to 4, and my "happy cat" number is actually 3. My cats all seem to live until they are @ 17 years and the remaining felines are 10, 9, 8 and 8, the kitten stork isn't bringing my next kitten for quite some time.

We are all adjusting to the new power strucure, (well, really they are, I KNOW who's in charge:)and Hankie is wear his new senior pet crown with great dignity. Life rolls on, right!

Unknown said...

So sorry about your boy. I dont' know what I'd do. So sorry.