Monday, March 3, 2008

Granola and no Skeeter

I am in the midst of Skeeter withdrawal, and man, it is HELL. My sister and her family are in the U.P. (that's the Upper Peninsula to the random lurker not familiar with Michigan) visiting my father's family. I had a Skeeter-less "Skeeter Thursday" and am not looking forward to the Skeeter-less Tuesday coming up. How can one little 8-month old boy rule my life like this!

Anyway...below is my most recent favorite picture of Skeeter-Man. I've been looking at it frequently and laughing/muttering/shouting/saying "Where is my best friend Skeeter?!?!?"



So my other newest obsession is making my own granola. It's dead easy, makes a lot and is very yummy. I am not sure I can buy cereal ever again. I found the recipe here, at another of my new favorite things. This batch I substituted maple syrup for honey and added walnuts and pumpkin seeds instead of pecans or almonds. And added dried cherries, yum!


On sadder news, I found out this week that an old friend had died over two years ago. We had lost touch. He moved away and neither one of us was a very good pen pal.... I saw him about 6 years ago, we traded numbers, but I lost his and never heard from him I couldn't get him out of my mind all day on Thursday, so I searched for him on the Internet, and I found his obit. It is just so sad to think of a world without Dennis in it, sadder still to think it has been without him for TWO YEARS. So outrageous, so wonderful he was. Sometimes life is so shit.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well, your granola looks delicious, and I'm sorry that it's not stand-in for Skeeter. I hope he comes back to you soon!