Monday, March 24, 2008

A Very Nice Weekend

It has been a very good weekend filled with good friends and family. It all started early on Friday with a full day of babysitting Skeeter. Yay!

Next up Friday evening I was able to chat online with my brother and my wonderful niece G. Her Easter package from Gugu K had arrived already and Daddy let her open it. It made very good time, only six days to get to the other side of our planet. A sent me a bunch of pictures, including this one of G in the PJs I sent for Easter. (Please note the Santa Claus still up in the background. I would mock him more, but since I still have my Christmas tree stand in the living room, perhaps I won't...)


Saturday brought a very nice baby shower in Grand Rapids in the afternoon and an evening with my best friend J. I was a little late leaving the house because Skeeter and his parents stopped by so kind E could clear our driveway of snow. So Skeeter and I HAD to get his pigs kissed, sing a song, blow some bubbles, sing another song.... you get the idea.
The baby shower was fun, although I couldn't participate in the diaper game. I couldn't even watch others inspect the melted candy bars in the diapers without getting queasy. Since the guests of honor are two of the few people who ever read this blog, I would also like to take a moment and thank them for inviting me. I had a ball and it was so nice to see them after all this time! Then I popped down to Portage to visit with J and L. After taking some gratuitous ribbing for forgetting L's birthday and catching up a little, J and I headed out to dinner. (Point in fact: I DID remember her birthday was the 25th, but I thought is was the 25th on the 23rd when I called... and I think I should get points for that!)
Sunday afternoon was Easter fun with Skeeter! Since he is way too little for Easter candy, Mom and I bought a toy for him, and doggone it, he KNEW it was for him! First he had to lick all the pieces, but then he got down to some serious playing. He also didn't mind wearing the bunny ears. Yes, a very good weekend












3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank YOU for coming to the shower too. Sorry the diaper game was a bit much; I thought it was a riot! I guess I know how to gross you out now!

kwillmetta said...

Great! Someone else who now knows my personal "Kryptonite." I'm in trouble now!

Fadhappy Groovenbacher said...

Over here, Christmas decorations come down with the wrecking ball.