Tuesday, December 18, 2007

It is one of the great injustices of this world...

...that when we don't make the "tinkle, tinkle tinkle" noise from a "Tom and Jerry" cartoon when we are sneaking around!

We are doing "Secret Santa's " in my section right now and I am having a ball! I went a little rabid a few weeks ago...ranting against the big office wide SS exchange. You get a LIST of the items your Santee will find acceptable! There have been several years where I didn't even know the person whose name I received. Two years ago I had a GREAT scavenger hunt planned where each day the Santee had to go to a different person and answer a movie trivia question and that day's present was related to the quote. It was brilliant, if I do say so myself. She communicated through the coordinator that I should "knock it off," she didn't have times for my games, just leave the present on her desk. I do believe that was the first time I actually sputtered in disbelief...

So this year, I suggested we do our own little thing in our section, with the focus being acts of kindness and appreciation for those we work closest with every day and less on things. Notes, warm cookie, good jokes.... The following is what I left my Santee today. Hehehe


Santa’s Workshop
100 Bowl-Full-of-Jelly Way
North Pole

December 18, 2007

Little Joanne -------
Office of Retirement Services
P O Box -----
Lansing MI, -----
:
You may already be a winner!
This is official notification that you are on one of Santa’s lists. Which list I cannot say, but there is still time to ensure you are in the running for a drawing from Santa’s Big Prize Bag.

To guarantee your status takes just easy three steps: remember to clean your room, eat your vegetables and clean up all the SPEC errors. There is no need to reply to this email, as Santa receives daily updates to both lists, and he checks them TWICE. Hurry, Time is running out!


Phinnaeus J. Jingle-Slipper
Executive Vice President-Elf in charge of Qualifications

P.S. Prizes include the following, so don’t hesitate:
Peace on Earth (1 in 89,652,974,648 chance of winning.)
New Hummer (1 in 533,156,186 chance of winning.)
Kitty, Puppy or Pony (1 in 800,456 chance of winning.)
Lump of Coal (1 in 50 chance of winning.)

Happy Holidays!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Joanne is still there! You are very creative! Your Santee last year had a bah-humbug up her b*tt!

kwillmetta said...

Heck Ya, Joanne is still here! It has been a real challenge to my secret santa skills, as I was her SS in 2001 too. Can't recycle any of my tried-and-true SS schtick. I think she knows, though...the three foot Santa Claus on her purple storage locker may have given me away......

Anonymous said...

Would you believe it? When I read your comments and profile pages, it all comes up in Chinese. Strange.