Sunday, December 2, 2007

Frosty Gray Sunday Morning

And it is good for nothing but reading the paper, petting a cat (or five) and a mug of good coffee. I have been chatting with my brother in Taipei via ICQ. Nothing earth shattering or important. Is BK better than Micky Ds? He votes for for BK, because they put big fat pieces of onion on their burgers, I am voting for Micky Ds just to keep the debate going...I like them both.

My siblings are my best friends, and although it is wonderful to have Widgie so close (and Skeeter too,) It is very hard having my brother so far away. Thank you god for the Internet and international phone calls, but it isn't the same as just having him (and Georgie) close. In July he came home for almost a month with his daughter and his ex-wife and it was wonderful, mostly. I spent lots of time with G (Gugu, let's play ART!) and I enjoyed it immensely, even if I did have to take a few naps to keep up with her 8 year old energy. Being a gugu (father’s sister) is a big deal, since I only get to see her once a year if I’m lucky I tried to pack as much as I could into her time here. But the best part was just hanging out with Andrew, even if the day he found green hot sauce in my fridge prompted a 10 minute lecture on why "the abomination" had no place in my condiment drawer. I introduced him to N*tflix, and we watched movies, mostly Japanese horror and their American remakes to compare. Verdict: Japanese originals had better, more complex stories, but the American remakes scared the bejesus out of ya.)

Coffee needs a refill and my boy Bing is meowing for attention. Have a good Sunday.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

My siblings are my best friends too - we're so lucky to have them! It's just hard when they're so far away!!