Friday, November 30, 2007

Skeeter Night

Tuesday's and Thursdays are Skeeter Night! I go to my sister's house directly from work, mooch their food and play with little Reed. The kid is loved, no doubt about it and there are many folks who consider him their special one. I like to think he loves me best...and so far no one has proved me wrong. He always has a big smile for me. Reed looks at his sock covered feet then to me. And again. And again.... Obviously he is saying, "come on Aunt Kay, take these off and kiss my piggies!" So I do, because who can refuse such a beseeching request, even if it is just wishful thinking on my part.

And we have rules. Just a few so far, but important ones.
  1. You don't put your fingers up Aunt Kay's nose, she won't put her finger's up yours.
  2. Don't pee on Aunt Kay! (Usually quickly recited in a high pitched voice while changing a diaper.)
  3. Hair! Hair! We don't pull hair!
  4. Piggies must be free! (Actually, our mantra as the socks are whipped off.)

The list will be growing, I'm sure... I see the day coming when we have to add such items as "Don't eat the yellow snow" or "We don't play with the litter box!" But not yet.

Skeeter and I play, sing songs and his parents laugh at me more than a little. I always stay too long. I try to start leaving at around 8:00 pm, but he will be extra cute, or my sister will change the subject and we keep talking or something..and before you know it, it's time for Skeeter's bath. You can't leave during nakie baby time! So I stay for bath time, and help put him in his PJ's. I don't end up leaving until 10:00.

Evil genius that sister of mine...she always finds a way to keep me there.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Your sister AND Skeeter are both very smart. They have you totally wrapped around their fingers!... and, I think you may just enjoy it. :-)