Friday, December 26, 2008

Guess What? I'm a Hero

Last night I had a thoroughly wonderful telephone call with G. Usually our phone conversations go like this:

Gugu K: How is school?

G: Fine.

Gugu K: Have you been making any art?

G: Yes.

Gugu K: How is your kitty?

G: Fine


Well you get the picture.... But last night we had a really great conversation, She was animated and telling stories about school, so much like when they all visited in the summer of 2007. She made me talk to her kitty, and made me promise not to tell Gugu B something. (Already broke that one, sorry.) The enthusiasm may have had to do with the Christmas presents Grandma and I sent. Her favorites were a pink jewelry box of a watch, necklace and earrings that can have the dial, band and stones swapped out (six different looks) and a little tube of Egyptian figurines. Yes, I bribe her for her love, and I don't care. Sometimes she was so excited, I had trouble understanding her English, but she was very patient with her Gugu if I had to ask her to repeat something.

So it turns out she had to write a paper for school about her hero, and IT WAS ME! My overwhelming heroic qualities, in case you are interested, are that I love kitties and I'm an "art-er" (or artist.) She didn't even mention how I want world peace! I am so tickled this smart little girl looks up to me. A told to not let it go to my head, but I think it is too late..... Would purple be too bold for my cape and utility belt?

No comments: