Sunday, December 21, 2008

It's been a long time..

I'm sorry I have been away so long, I just haven't been in a blogging mood. Had a little dental drama, an abscess and root canal (and yes, I DID pronounce it Woot Cannnal for the better part of the day.) It now looks like the infection isn't all cleared up, and I have to go back to the endodontist for a recheck. Ho Ho Ho

As usual, I have been having a ball Christmas shopping. I refuse to admit I have gone overboard, but there are a MESS of presents under the tree for Skeeter -man, and I almost dragged my arms out of their sockets hauling G's packages to the post office.

Looks like I'll have a light workload the next two weeks, my office is closed both Wednesdays and Thursdays. Normally I would work the three other days of the holiday week. I think it isn't fair for those with children to be forced to leave their kids so I can have a day off during the holidays. If I had kids, or even plans, I might feel different.... However this year as a reward for good work done in a crappy year, anyone who wants the 12/26 and 1/02 off may take them. Management is not enforcing minimum staff coverage. In my section only one person is going to work the Fridays. So, two five-day week-ends in a row, Woo Hoo!

And thus, with all this free time, I plan to make things up to you.... I do feel really bad about not blogging, and in guilt and friendship, I think I will be blogging everyday for the rest of the year. A pre-New Years resolution, if you will. Get some better blogging habits ingrained before work picks up again in January.

And now a treat! Skeeter's very first school picture. I don't remember my daycare ever doing this, but then again, my pre-school wasn't attached to a real school that was taking pictures anyway. Doesn't he just look like he is planning some mischief.!


No comments: